We are currently accepting nominations for the 2017 Small Business of the Year.
Every year the Milledgeville-Baldwin County Chamber of Commerce recognizes excellence in its small business community by awarding the Small Business of the Year Award to a deserving recipient. The candidates are either nominated by customers or vendors, a fellow member or may self-nominate. The Chamber will contact the nominees to get additional information for the competition. The award is presented at the Chamber’s Annual Dinner.
The Milledgeville-Baldwin Chamber will nominate the winner for the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Small Business of the Year award. The winner is encouraged to complete the application process for this prestigious award. To be eligible for consideration, the business must meet the following criteria:
- In business & a member in good standing of the Chamber for at least three years
- Have 25 or fewer employees (full-time equivalent – based on 40 hour work weeks)
- Sales growth/profit growth/new product line/expanding number of employees
- Located in Milledgeville-Baldwin County
- Considered successful by peers
- Show evidence of outstanding community services contribution or involvement
- Be a privately-owned, for-profit entity
Small Business of the Year winners from the last 5 years are ineligible for consideration.
- 2015 – Goebel Media Group
- 2014 – Bodyplex
- 2013 – Bobby Brown Insurance
- 2012 – Elite Gym
- 2011 – RJI, Inc.
Previous nominees are eligible to be nominated; however, a new nomination must be submitted for the current Chamber year. Nominations may not be carried forward from the previous year.