GOAL: We will bring business, government and civic leaders together as equal partners in addressing community matters of significance in order to reach our community’s potential. In addition, we will aggressively develop the next generation of leaders who are capable, visionary, and involved.
Unify Milledgeville-Baldwin County Task Force –
- Review charter draft for conflicting language.
- Analysis and understanding of charter.
- Recommendation to the community through Partners for Progress.
- Develop and execute a plan to get the charter to the House & Senate.
- Present to the Department of Justice for clearance on compliance with the voting rights act of 1965.
- Create a Political Action Committee to educate the community.
Leadership Development Initiative – Instill & foster in the future generations the characteristics of good leaders as well as develop those who may be interested in running for political office. Develop community partnerships with related programs and agencies to mentor children & parents on how to become successful then groom future community leaders.
Development of incubators for growing the next generation of:
- Community leaders
- Business leaders
- Political leaders
Local Legislative Affairs Initiative – Serve as liaisons to our elected officials on the local, state and national level sharing information about issues affecting our local business climate as well as providing access to elected officials through various community forums and events.