There are many benefits to becoming a Milledgeville-Baldwin County Chamber of Commerce Member! Click on the links below to discover a few:
ADVOCACY & PARTNERSHIPS
Business advocacy is a priority for the Chamber. The Chamber takes care of politics so you can take care of your business. We are a respected voice when it comes to protecting and promoting free enterprise and minimizing obstacles for opening and conducting business in Milledgeville-Baldwin County.
We represent you at the local, state and national levels of government. Whether you are a small business with one employee, or a Fortune 500 company, the Chamber helps provide you with access to government officials and keeps you informed on pending legislation.
- Georgia Chamber Small Business Alliance – Local Chamber members with fewer than 10 employees have the opportunity to gain the resources of our state chamber from policy positions and timely updates on issues affecting our state’s economy to savings and exclusive events. Click here to learn how you can become part of this exclusive member benefit!
- Think local first – partnership with Shop Local Milledgeville, Milledgeville MainStreet, Department of Labor, & Central GA Tech
- The Chamber works locally and with our state & national elected officials to promote a business-friendly environment staying up-to-date on the issues that affect our members most.
- Entrepreneur-Friendly Community - In partnership with the Georgia Department of Economic Development we work together to create an entrepreneur environment by establishing an entrepreneur support program, understanding our existing entrepreneur environment and developing sustainable, effective local strategies.
- Georgia Work Ready Community – Certified Work Ready Communities have the skilled workforce that business demands and the educational infrastructure to drive economic growth and prosperity.
- Certified Literate Community Participant – The CLCP is a partnership between the public sector (education and government) and the private sector (business and enterprise). This dynamic partnership will result in improved literacy levels for children, families, and workers in the entire community.
- Business Referrals – The Chamber fields hundreds of calls each year from people looking for services. We refer our callers and visitors only to our Member businesses.
- FREE Listing in the Chamber Membership Directory – We distribute this valuable resource to our Members and others who use it to find the products and services they need. Additional listings and advertising are available for a fee.
- Website - Through our content management system, Chamber members have dedicated webpages within the Chamber website that are completely customizable.
- Sponsorship – Take advantage of the diverse Chamber sponsorships available throughout the year. Chamber members have the opportunity to sponsor Chamber events and products. You can target your marketing, get exclusive exposure and support Chamber programs and products. Only Members can participate – watch for details in the fall!
During the year, the Chamber offers its Members, and only its Members, the opportunity to develop your network or build upon existing relationships. Chamber has a variety of open and niche programs to meet your business needs or personal preferences. Browse the events below, or view them all in our calendar.
- Business After Hours
- Morning Brew
- Ambassador program
- Member-to-Member Discounts – Check out all the great deals you can take advantage of if you are a Chamber Member! PLUS you can build your business with discounts offers to other Members.
- Health Insurance Discounts – Expanded 7.5 percent discount on all UnitedHealthcare insurance premiums.
- Bulk Mail
- Constant Contact - Save up to 25 percent off an entire suite of online marketing tools – email marketing, event marketing, online surveys and social media campaigns.
- Mailing List
- Drugs Don’t Work - Save 7.5 percent on workers’ compensation insurance by becoming a certified drug-free workplace. Assistance is free to Chamber members.
COMMUNICATION & PUBLIC RELATIONS