President & Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
The Milledgeville-Baldwin County Chamber of Commerce in Milledgeville, Georgia is seeking an energetic President and CEO capable of guiding the Chamber in setting goals for future expansion and in day-to-day operations. The CEO will execute the Chamber’s strategic plan established by the Board of Directors. Responsibilities include planning and organizing future programs and maintaining existing programs that aid member businesses in Milledgeville and Baldwin County.
The candidate must understand the critical aspects of Chamber management, program administration, and development of both volunteers and staff members. The candidate must demonstrate executive experience in leadership, relationship building, and organizational skills. Familiarity working with local governments, with higher education, in economic and community development, or similar industry is highly desirable. The candidate must possess well-developed oral and written communication skills, a dynamic personality, and the ability to work well with a diverse set of stakeholders. After hiring the expectation is that the CEO will reside in Baldwin County.
Milledgeville is conveniently located in the geographic center of the State of Georgia at the crossroads of the Fall Line Freeway and U.S. Highway 441. The fourth capital of Georgia, Milledgeville is home to three institutions of higher education – Georgia College, Georgia Military College, and Central Georgia Technical College. These institutions are vital to the growth of our community, and their leadership has pledged ongoing commitment to working with the local partners in business and industry to grow the economic base. Rich in history and heritage, Milledgeville-Baldwin County also boasts many natural resources including Georgia Power’s 15,000-acre Lake Sinclair, the Oconee River Greenway, Bartram Forest, and a vibrant downtown.
• Serve as the principle spokesperson for the Chamber; be highly visible as a speaker and community leader to include involvement with local boards and organizations
• Provide creative and futuristic long-term goals for the Chamber and the Milledgeville-Baldwin County community, focused on sustainability and relevancy to members’ needs.
• Develop and manage daily Chamber operations, the annual budget (approx. $250K), marketing materials, and operating plans
• Develop and provide leadership for two (2) full-time staff members as well as interns
• Successfully manage and administer programs for the 400+ members of the Chamber
• Maintain facilities and equipment, to include contract review and requests for services/proposals
• Lead the team to provide exceptional membership services
• Competent in researching, applying for, and managing grants, familiarity with Knight Foundation/Community Foundation
• Manage all branding and storytelling on social media, print, digital, website platforms
• Perform accounting duties to include; AP, AR, Month end Reconciliation, 990 reporting
• Non-profit familiarity both locally and regionally
• Be a strong advocate locally and regionally; an awareness and relationship with local, regional and state elected officials encouraged
• Three or more years of executive-level leadership experience in a chamber, development authority, non-profit, or closely-related field is preferred
• Four-year bachelor’s degree or higher is preferred
• Chamber or related certification is preferred, such as Certified Chamber of Commerce Executive (CCE) or U.S. Chamber Institute of Organization Management (IOM)
• Very strong written and verbal communication skills and a working knowledge of social media
Salary and benefits will be based on the qualifications and experience of the candidate. The package is competitive with comparable-sized Chambers.
Forward electronic copies (PDF preferred) of a cover letter outlining your experiences and interests and a resume to the Search Committee at email@example.com
For best consideration submit your package of materials by October 29, 2021.