Founded in 1947, the Chamber is the leading business organization in Milledgeville-Baldwin County. The organization’s membership is comprised of business and professional men and women who have joined together to work for the solution of their mutual business and community challenges. The Milledgeville-Baldwin County Chamber is a non-profit business organization with members that employ more than 12,000 people. The Chamber collaborates with government, education, and private industry to assist and strengthen local businesses, to be an advocate for business, and affect the quality of life for those who call Milledgeville home by providing leadership and direction for community action. The officers, directors, staff, and a dedicated corps of volunteers direct activities to achieve the Chamber’s outlined goals and objectives.
The Milledgeville-Baldwin Chamber of Commerce serves as the voice for business in our community by:
- Working to create prosperity throughout Baldwin County and the surrounding areas.
- Aiding in the expansion and growth of existing businesses while recruiting additional businesses to diversify employment opportunities and generate more commercial and retail revenue.
- Addressing local issues to improve the quality of life for all Baldwin County citizens.
The vision of the Milledgeville-Baldwin Chamber of Commerce is to be the premier “voice of business” acting as a catalyst for economic prosperity and to be the developer of tomorrow’s business and community leaders.
- Member-Driven – We appreciate and value that our members are our core existence. We will strive to provide an environment that contributes to our members’ success.
- Excellence – We will always strive for excellence in all we say and do.
- Collaborative – We will welcome all opportunities for cooperation and inclusion in meeting the needs of our members and our community. We will work towards a common vision.
- Integrity – We will ensure alignment between our actions and our beliefs, engage in honest self-scrutiny, and do what is right for the broader good. We will be consistent and keep our commitments.
- Leadership – We will be true to our role as the business leader in our region and be a model to others in our community. We will offer our talent and expertise for the betterment of our community. We will properly use our influence and exhibit the skills of leaders to ensure the success of our organization and our region.