Partners in Education is a collective effort of the Milledgeville-Baldwin County Chamber of Commerce and our local schools that matches businesses and organizations with schools to provide extra funding, unique services and volunteer support. The vision behind the Partners in Education Program is to enrich the learning experience of Baldwin’s children so that all develop a strong academic foundation, skills and core values that will benefit them in their community life and in a career.
Connecting the academic and business communities within the county allows us to provide students with even more opportunities for success. Schools must prepare today’s students for their entry into a diverse, competitive work force. When businesses take part in the education of these young people, they help strengthen the work force of the future. The Partners In Education program is vital in helping the community and the school system work and grow together.
Partnering is as easy as ABC:
A. The partnership needs to provide a benefit to the school and be mutually beneficial to the business through cause-related marketing, not advertising.
B. We define a partnership as at least three activities throughout the school year, which we feel is the minimum for a partner relationship.
C. The partnership activities must fulfill a need of a school, as determined by the principal and the school’s Partners In Education Coordinator.
The key to PIE success is matching up the school’s needs with the resources of a business or individual in a mutually beneficial manner. Businesses can partner with an individual school, multiple schools or, for some businesses, with the entire county-wide school system as a Partner-At-Large (or PAL). In order to have your name displayed on the school’s sign, we need your financial commitment of $250.00 per school annually or gifts/services in-kind equating to $250.00. We ask that you please make your checks payable directly to your Partner School.
Partner with one (or more) of these participating schools:
- Board of Education
- Baldwin High School
- Early Learning Center
- Midway Hills Academy
- Midway Hills Primary
- Georgia College Early College
- Oak Hill Middle School
- Lakeview Academy
- Lakeview Primary
- Georgia Military College Prep
- John Milledge Academy
- Partner At-Large ($2,500)
Excelling as a program sponsored by the Milledgeville-Baldwin County Chamber of Commerce, PIE partners show their support through active membership in the Chamber. Please contact the Chamber staff at 478.453.9311 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information about Chamber member programs and benefits.
School will provide:
- Recognition to the Partner through the display of business name on PIE sign.
- Recognition to the Partner on its school website.
- Recognition to the Partner on school publications as appropriate.
- Promotion of public recognition of the Partner and its efforts.
Partner will provide:
- Encouragement and support of employees to volunteer in the school, serve as a guest speaker and/or read to the students.
- Financial contributions to sponsor activities or provide resources.
- Donations of materials/supplies or incentive items for student, parent, and staff recognition.
- Participate in councils, advisories, or committees as related to the school or district.
- Professional development opportunities for staff.