Contact Name: Kara Lassiter
Phone: (478) 453-9311
Membership & Events Manager
Summary of Function:
The Milledgeville-Baldwin County Chamber of Commerce is currently seeking a dedicated, sales-oriented individual to fulfill duties as a full-time Membership & Events Manager that is responsible for the development, implementation and coordination of membership retention strategies in an effort to ensure member retention and revenue goals are reached. This will occur through the recruitment of new partners/members, the solicitation of sponsorships to support our events and programs, and through seeking alternative revenue enhancement opportunities for the organization.
Applicants must have excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills. This position interacts with Chamber members to create a rapport as well as assists in set-up, coordination and execution of all chamber functions and events.
• Actively solicits new members to include outside sales calls, phone calls, and emails
• Organize and send New Member welcome packets
• Membership Management and Retention- follow up contact with members on a regular basis
• Manage and recruit Keystone Investors
• Assist in planning, organizing, and attending of Chamber Networking Events
• Oversee event registration and invoicing through our database as well as day of event
• Plan, manage and recruit sponsors for Chamber Events
• Represent the Chamber and its membership at community and regional events
• Coordinate and oversee ribbon cuttings
• Manage and oversee the Ambassador Volunteer program
• Assist the President/CEO in the promotion, planning, executing and maintenance of Leadership and Youth Leadership Baldwin programs and Leadership Baldwin Alumni
• Write and send out press releases, renewal letters, thank you to our member letters, thank you notes etc.
• Maintain our member database and ensure all the information for members is correct and updated in the database
• Send out renewal invoices and manage the accounts receivables.
• Continuously evaluate member participation and involvement to successfully engage members
• Manage member ‘Thank you’ and engagement campaigns
• Answer phone calls and help the callers with their questions, comments, complaints, etc.
• Assist the President/CEO in effectively managing the Chamber and assist with any additional duties as needed
• Bachelors’ degree preferred from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field, and preferred 2 years directly related experience
• Previous Chamber of Commerce, nonprofit, or membership-related experience
• Demonstrated sales management and marketing skills/proven ability to meet and exceed goals
• Experience with strategic planning, budgeting, and finance/accounting
• Proficiency with computer technology
• Exceptional communication skills and professional appearance and demeanor, to effectively represent the Chamber and its brand image
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with members, volunteers, the public, and Chamber staff
Salary and benefits will be based on the qualifications and experience of the candidate. The package is competitive with comparable-sized Chambers
Forward electronic copies (PDF preferred) of a cover letter outlining your experiences and interests and a resume to Kara Lassiter at email@example.com.
For best consideration please submit your package of materials by January 24, 2022.