Click here to apply!
Full Job Description
Dynamic opportunity to change lives! Join our team and become part of a 69 year old tradition in Central Georgia! We witness the mission of the organization in action every single day. The Mentoring Relationship Specialist is in the unique position to work with the children, families and volunteers in our program. The Mentoring Relationship Specialist is responsible for the recruitment, enrollment, and assessment of volunteers, parents/guardians and clients, making appropriate matches, and providing on-going support to matches in compliance with national standards and agency policies. They guide volunteers and families to ensure long-term, caring relationships between matches while focusing on positive outcomes for youth. This position is primarily focused on Baldwin County.
Essential Responsibilities, Competencies & Behaviors:
- Conduct standardized volunteer and client enrollment for Site-Based and Community-Based programs to determine appropriateness for program in a timely manner
- Identify suitable potential matches and conduct in-person match meetings in a timely manner.
- Provide on-going support through in-person, email or telephone contact for the assigned matches to achieve length of match, closure and outcome evaluation goals.
- Communicate openly with all stakeholders in a manner that is productive, respectful, and sensitive to diversity.
- Engage & steward volunteers throughout enrollment and match relationship.
- Provide on-going resources to caseload including, but not limited to: crisis intervention and referrals for counseling; advocacy; information and referrals to access resources and problem resolution.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation in Matchforce.
- Maintain accurate standardized file documentation for each match.
- Return calls promptly and follow through with commitments
- Assist with group match meetings, match events, and coordination of services
- Assist with fundraising and recruitment efforts
- Work effectively with partnering sites, funders, and schools if needed
- All other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree from an Accredited University (preferred)
Related Work Experience:
3-5 year proven track record in social services or in appropriate transferable responsibilities.
Agency Core Values:
Ability to demonstrate, understand and apply our workplace values listed below. These are embedded in all roles and responsibilities, and will be considered during all aspects of employment.
- We Ignite Potential
We bring out the best in our Bigs, Littles & Families, Staff & Community
We talk beyond today
We believe in what’s possible
We focus on sustained positive outcomes for youth
- We are Ambitious
We promote collaboration
We take initiative for our own growth and hold ourselves accountable
We are innovative; creative in thought and problem solving
We provide opportunities for youth to thrive
- We are Committed to Greatness
We are Customer Service focused ALWAYS
We are agile and can change gears comfortably
We keep safety in the forefront
We offer solutions, not excuses
- We Fuel Diversity
We are committed to equity and inclusion
We honor everyone as individuals
We create an atmosphere of respect and acceptance
We develop programming that reflects our community
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of child safety indicators preferred
- Excellent communications skills
- Proficient computer skills (equivalent to keyboarding at 45 wpm), MS Office Suite
- Demonstrated integrity
Time Required: _ (Time period the classification is typically expected to perform as a fully trained employee)_
- All new employees shall observe a 90 day introductory period.
- Regular local travel in Baldwin County, travel 4x/month to Macon, rare travel to other areas of Central Georgia
- Must have reliable transportation
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: (Specific work place conditions and/or physical abilities that are related to and/or required by this job)
- Moderate lifting, not to exceed 20 pounds, may occur from time to time.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BBBS Heart of Georgia provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, national origin, color, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. BBBS Heart of Georgia will comply with all federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants, as well as employees, who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential duties & responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $13.00 – $16.00 per hour
- Paid time off
- 4 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Are you able to drive to Macon once a week to work at the BBBS main office?
- Do you any direct experience working or living in Baldwin County that would support your success if chosen for this position? If yes, please describe.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Macon, GA 31204