Executive Director – Job Description
Milledgeville Baldwin County Habitat for Humanity
The Executive Director provides overall leadership for the affiliate in accordance with the direction, policies, by-laws and objectives set by the Board of Directors and Habitat for Humanity International. The Executive Director leads and promotes the mission of Habitat for Humanity throughout the community of Milledgeville-Baldwin County. He/she manages a yearly operational budget and is the main point of contact between the affiliate and Habitat for Humanity International. The Executive Director reports to the President of the Board working in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Administer and manage the daily operations of the Habitat office
- In partnership with treasurer and bookkeeper, engage the services of an auditor for an annual audit
- Administer mortgages in compliance with federal and state laws where appropriate.
- Follow up on all legal procedures (foreclosures, closings, evictions etc.) relative to the organization’s operations and policies
- File all reports in compliance with deadlines set by Habitat International and keep the affiliate in “good-standing” at all times
- Work with affiliate treasurer and bookkeeper to file 990’s and other tax related items according to IRS guidelines, including annual audit
- Maintain affiliation with State Habitat for Humanity organization (SSO)
Community Engagement & Fundraising:
- Make connections and build relationships in Baldwin County
- Represent Habitat for Humanity to interested communities, churches, businesses, groups, foundations, and community leaders for donations and volunteer opportunities
- Solicit in-kind and cash donations from community partners, businesses and individuals
- Administer various government and private foundation grants as needed
- Become a Qualified Loan Originator for the affiliate by attending online training classes
- Become a certified Competent Person for the affiliate through online training classes.
- Ensure all construction standards and OSHA and safety measure are met or exceeded.
- Coordinate volunteers on build sites with appropriate supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently to enact the vision of the Board of Directors.
Classification: This is an Exempt, salaried position.
Hours: Flexible. Some weekend, evening and occasional travel required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday